Thursday, January 24, 2013

Open Theme

Prince of the Blankets
This is my fat cat Sandy. He is about 10 years old and loves the feel of warm blankets. This cat is so picky that if you don't have a blanket on your lap, there is no chance of him coming up onto you and showing affection. I woke up the other morning to find that he was just sitting on my bed like he owned the place. What a little prince.


 The Light of the Flame
I am one of those people who just adores scented candles and the dim light they bring. This particular candle has the scent "Peach Bellini" and is one of my favorite smells. I originally took this picture in black and white, but when I got into the editing software I used the Antique effect to make it have that old-timey feel to it. 




Flower
This, in fact, is not a real flower. I was searching through our camper one day and came across this little nifty item. It's one of those solar powered flowers that moves when put into direct sunlight. For this image, I went into the editing software to make the color a little bit cooler. 


Trailing Behind
While in the Galapagos Islands this summer, I had the opportunity to do many aquatic activities- one of them being kayaking. We had woken up early that morning not knowing how to kayak or what the Pacific Ocean had in store for us. The group members quickly adjusted to the movements of the waves and how to use the oars correctly. We went about 5 miles along the coastline and were exhausted, so our tour guide found the boat that picked us up afterward and they hooked up the kayaks in the way shown in the picture above.



A Bouquet of Beauty
This is a bouquet of special roses that I found while in a market in Ecuador this summer. Quito, Ecuador is a city famous for their excellent roses. Since roses are more common in this area than in the United States, this bouquet of six rainbow colored roses only cost me $1.50.



No comments:

Post a Comment