Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Patterns

Aperture: f/3.9  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/80
I took this picture of a bag I bring to the beach in the summertime. I like the way the bag is folded, making the pattern of the lines creased and look more deep. The main focus in this picture is the lined bag, and perhaps the secondary focus would be the basket hanging in the background. I like the way this picture turned out, but it could've been better.

Aperture: f/3.9  ISO:160  Shutter Speed: 1/25

I shot this picture of a red comb to show pattern in the teeth of the comb. The teeth are the same size and color, but become more spaced toward the right side of the picture. The comb is definitely the main focus in this picture, and the shadow would probably be the secondary focus.

Aperture: f/4.6  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/80

This photo is of an abandoned building near the Black River. I liked the way the line of checkered pattern stayed constant, but the sides of the walls were different colors. The original photo had the walls shown as yellow and red, but I felt like making it black and white would add more of a dramatic effect.






1 comment:

  1. The building in B&W is very cool-I think you could crop more out and still have a strong composition-maybe stronger. Very cool patterns in it.

    ReplyDelete