Thursday, February 21, 2013

Winter Light

Winter Light



A Sunny Afternoon

Aperture: f/7.9  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/250
This picture was taken a few days ago on my way to Marshfield. Even though I was in the car or shopping most of the day, there was no way I was going to miss an opportunity to take pictures on a beautiful, sunny day. In this picture, I like how the sky is a very vibrant blue color--something rare to see this time of the year. I also liked how the sun was a bit over-exposed and how it kind of made a ring of light around it. However, since this photo was taken in a car, I wasn't able to capture the pure essence of nature.


Striking Sunset

Aperture: f/5.9  ISO:160  Shutter Speed: 1/40
Yesterday I was getting ready to go out when I saw that it was the perfect time to take a picture of the sunset. I hopped in my car and quickly found a decent spot to take a picture before it set completely. I really like the color of the sky, and how it bounces off of the clouds. Also, the contrast of the sunset colors with the dark trees made for a good picture. If I would have noticed that the sun was setting a bit earlier, I could've gotten a more clear shot of the sun. Overall I am greatly satisfied with how this picture came out.

Snowy Night

Aperture: f/3.9  ISO: 640  Shutter Speed: 1/80
This picture was taken during a snow storm a few mights ago. Although it's not a very widely liked aspect, I liked how the light from my camera bounced off of the snow. You can see each little spec and it puts into perspective how much it actually snows outside. It's a bit busy, and could have been shot to be less noisy, but I think it's still an interesting picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment