Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Winter Texture

Aperture: f/3.5  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 0.0333
A few years ago, the wall pictured crumbled to the ground and was in shambles because of erosion through the years. We patched it up, and ever since then it has remained steady. I took this photo of a brick wall near my house to represent a wet texture. As the snow melts, it drips down the side of the wall and freezes in the cold winter air, creating this interesting picture.

Aperture: f/5.3  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/125
In the winter, you see many of these little buggers hanging down from the bottom of everyone's cars. I took this picture to represent an icy texture, in both the icicles that hang down and the cluster of rough snow in the top right corner. I used black and white feature to make it look more defined.


Aperture: f/3.5  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/80
I was driving around town one day and went over a bridge to see these ice markings on the Black River. I quickly pulled over and took hold of the opportunity to capture the texture. The wetness of the rain the past few days has made it slippery and icy. You can see the different textures in the designs, the wetness of the actual tracks and the snow. 





1 comment:

  1. I like the first one. The wall all crackly and stuff, it shows very good texture :)

    ReplyDelete