Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Warmth

As we transition into spring everything becomes seemingly warmer, both physically and mentally. The sun is shining more and starts melting all the snow. For this assignment it was somewhat hard to take good pictures outside because all of the mud and puddles aren't very appealing to look at. 


Aperture: f/ 3.5 ISO: 320  Shutter Speed: 1/8

In this picture, my mother was just about to put in some potatoes for supper and I stopped to take a picture. I like this picture because you can see the hot coil on the bottom and almost feel the intense  heat coming from it. I also bumped up the "warmth" on this picture to give it a more heated feel.



Aperture: f/5.3  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/100

I took this picture on my way to Marshfield with my mom. I yelled at her to pull over because I didn't want to miss an opportunity for the picture. This was taken along Hewett Street in town. The people in this house are collecting sap from the trees in their front yard. You often don't see many people collecting sap in town like this, and I thought it was a good way to show that spring and warm weather is coming.

Aperture: f/4.6  ISO: 160  Shutter Speed: 1/20

Last weekend (the Saturday before Easter) I went with the Neillsville band to a Milwaukee Bucks game. We were able to come to the game early and play a pregame music session. Before playing, there was some time to kill so I decided to whip out my camera and shoot some of the players WARMing up. See what I did there? ;) I like how this picture has the (very tall) player getting ready for the big game ahead. You can see all kinds of players warming up and shooting free throws in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment