Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Arboretum

Aperture: f/7.9  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/500
This was one of the first pictures I took when we got to the arboretum. I liked how the sun was just peeking through the clouds and the branches. It was about 8:30am when we got there and at that time, the sun isn't very strong. This picture has a softer feel.

Aperture: f/3.5  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/100
I can't remember the exact name of these, but the little umbrella-shaped plants interested me. I chose to put this one up because I like how half of the plants are in the direct light and half are in the shadow of a tree behind it. I like how there are leaves left over from last fall, too, because it shows that remnants of the past can be left but there's still a chance to start over. That's why I love spring; it's a new beginning in nature, a time to be refreshed and start over.

Aperture: f/3.5  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/250
This is definitely one of my favorite pictures from that day. I love how the sun almost overpowers the picture on top, but still is important in creating the shadow of the tree. For this picture, I boosted up the color a bit from what it originally was to show off the beautiful spring greens that are popping up.

Aperture: f/3.9  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/40
I almost didn't take this picture, but I'm glad I did. I was just going to take a picture of the stream but then I saw the leaves and thought it would enhance the photo. With the green, the photo gets a more uplifted feeling to it than it would have had with just the water in the shot. I also like how you can see the tiny ripples in the water below. Overall I am happy with how this turned out.

2 comments:

  1. i really like that last picture. i love the contrast between the green and the dark colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second to the last one with all the lines :)

    ReplyDelete