Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Urban Decay

With the recent sunshine and beautiful weather, I was really excited for this project. I LOVE looking at old/decayed buildings, and there are a lot of them in Wisconsin.
I went on a little road trip to Spring Green this weekend, and when we went out to eat downtown, I thought it was the perfect time to take pictures of urban decay. I know that there are more than 3 pictures, but I was just so excited on how they looked! 

I found this door while walking through an alley (sketchy, I know) and thought it was a perfect setup with the shovel, weeds, and board. You can see the decay near the bottom right the most. I really liked this picture in color, but thought it looked better in black and white.


This picture is of an abandoned garage I found while wandering the town. I like how you can just barely see the letters of "GARAGE" in the middle of the building.



This was also at the abandoned garage. I loved the color contrast with the red and the washed off white color. You can tell that there has been decay. 

I found this building in the alley too, and loved the way the bricks looked. Some of them are blackened, and others are just faded away. I also liked the vines going up the side one the pole there. It really gives it a feel that nature has had its way with the building.

Crumbling brick. Yes. Very decay-ish! 

This was an old depot found in Oakdale, WI (as you can probably tell). You can see the weathered siding and the O on DEPOT is broken and hanging down.

3 comments:

  1. i really like the first one nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This last picture is definitely my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the abandoned garage one! The colors in it are amazing!

    ReplyDelete