Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lines in Nature

Tree Lines

Aperture: f/3.5  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/125
I really liked this picture because it shows many different types of lines. On the right side of the picture, you can see a straight-looking line in the form of a tree. If you glance around the rest of the picture you can see the different thickness and curvatures in the branches and trunks of the trees.

Large Icicle

Aperture: f/7.9  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/125
This is another picture I liked that represented lines in nature. The main focus is the large icicle near the middle of the shot. You can also see little icicle lines on the left of the larger one. Since there are tons of icicles hanging around lately, I thought it would be a good idea to represent a few of them.

"Colors Of The Wind"

Aperture: f/3.5  ISO: 320  Shutter Speed: 1/8
For this last picture, I chose something a bit different. We are working on a Pocahontas medley for the band concert coming up in a few weeks, and I found this song fitting. "Colors Of The Wind" is one of my favorite parts of the compilation of different songs from Pocahontas. I thought this picture would be somewhat fitting because the title of the song is telling a story about wind, which is part of the natural world, and you can see the many lines of the music sheet.

1 comment: