Thursday, March 7, 2013

Melting

Icy Staircase

Aperture: f/3.5   ISO: 75 Shutter Speed: 0.0333
Earlier in the year, I had taken a picture that was very similar to this one to depict the freezing water on the side of the wall. I chose to shoot this area again because it shows more of the melting and freezing that snow goes through during the winter. On this picture, you can see the icicles on the side of the wall as well as hanging from the staircase. This could've been a better picture if the gray box wasn't in the way, but I felt that cropping it out would take too much away from the original picture.

Cinnamon Melting

Aperture: f/3.5  ISO: 320 Shutter Speed: 1/8
I took this picture to represent the melting of wax when you light a candle. Having an abundance of candles in my home, this was an easy way to catch the melted state of a candle. I like the way there are contrasting colors of the red wax; the darker melted stuff in the middle and the untouched cherry red on the sides. The flame from the candle is almost being put out by drowning in the liquid. I like this picture because it shows a different kind of melting than just the liquids outside.

Water Droplets

Aperture:f/3.5  ISO: 64  Shutter Speed: 1/40
 Coming home from school yesterday, I noticed this by our front door. I looked and thought "that would make a great picture!" I quickly grabbed my camera and took some shots. These are water droplets that have frozen after falling off the roof of our house. With the constant melting and freezing, the droplets don't know what to do! I like how they maintained their circular shape and piled up to make this look interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment